Health & Safety
We operate a Health & Safety system accredited to BSI ISO 18001. By operating to 18001 we can ensure that we have process in place to plan, maintain and monitor suitable Health & Safety controls across every area of the company.
By engaging an ISO 18001 accredited company, you can rest assured that the safety of our staff, your staff and members of the public are our highest priority.
- NPTC PA1 & PA6 for the handling and application of herbicides.
- Basic competency training for ride on mowers and other general grounds maintenance equipment.
- Lantra / NPTC for Chainsaw Operations
- Customer Care
- Health and Safety Training
- PASMA Tower Training
- IPAF for MEWP Operation
- GAS Safe for Gas Installations & Maintenance
- NIC EIC for Electrical Installations & Maintenance
- Manual handling for all Operatives
- Risk Assessment for Managers & Operatives
All personnel receive relevant and timely training to ensure they are competent to carry out their role safely. The type and nature of the training will depend upon a person’s prior knowledge, experience and any previous training they may have had, therefore there is a need to provide initial induction training, with periodic refresher and specialist training as appropriate.
We also ensure that all vehicles and machinery are fit for purpose, Maintained as per the Manufacturer’s instructions and meet the industry standard.
Barge Group also operate a TargetZero Campaign to ensure that Zero Harm is achieved both within the workforce, customers and members of the public.